Ranked Among the Best
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an established leader in higher education and is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching classifies UIC as an institution with “Very High Research Activity,” a distinction that is shared by only 115 colleges and universities throughout the United States. We are also consistently listed among the top 50 federally funded research institutions, and we are ranked #3 in National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding.
The Master of Science in Health Informatics and Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). Our Master’s in Health Informatics was the first online program accredited by CAHIIM.
According to U.S. News & World Report, UIC is one of the most diverse and affordable universities in the nation, and we rank in the top 7 percent of 1,800 colleges and universities in the United States. Our online Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management program is part of online bachelor programs ranked #5 for online undergraduate programs U.S. News & World Report (2019).
The Master’s in Health Informatics is highly ranked in several healthcare education ranking publications.
- Ranked 3rd on the “The 30 Best Online Master’s in Healthcare Informatics Degree Programs” by The Best Schools
- Ranked 7th on the “Top 20 Health Informatics Degrees” by Healthcare Management Degree Guide
- Ranked 8th on the “Top 10 Best Master’s in Health Informatics Degree Programs 2018” by The Best Master’s Degrees
- Ranked 24th on the “Top 50 Health Informatics Master’s Degree 2018” by Value Colleges
- Ranked 25th on the “Accredited Online Master’s in Health Informatics Programs” by Best Colleges
- Ranked 25th on the “Top 30 Cheap Online Health Informatics Master’s Degree Programs” by Best Value Schools