The largest university in one of the world’s most vibrant cities.
The University of Illinois Chicago is an acclaimed research institution with 16 colleges dedicated to the discovery and distribution of knowledge.
You belong at UIC
As one of the most ethnically and culturally diverse universities in the country, UIC’s welcoming environment gives you the chance to study, work and grow with classmates who will broaden your perspectives and worldview.
UIC provides the broadest access to the highest levels of intellectual excellence. UIC’s mission is:
- To create knowledge that transforms our views of the world and, through sharing and application, transforms the world.
- To provide a wide range of students with the educational opportunity only a leading research university can offer.
- To address the challenges and opportunities facing not only Chicago but all Great Cities of the 21st century, as expressed by our Great Cities Commitment.
- To foster scholarship and practices that reflect and respond to the increasing diversity of the U.S. in a rapidly globalizing world.
- To train professionals in a wide range of public service disciplines, serving Illinois as the principal educator of health science professionals and as a major healthcare provider to underserved communities.
Why choose UIC online?
- Cost-Effective & Time Oriented: Our online programs offer pay-by-the-course tuition, while you earn an esteemed degree at your own pace (sometimes in as little as a year).
- Curated for Your Success: The online courses are specifically kept small so each student has personalized access to the attention of the instructor and their knowledge base.
- Diversity in Thought: Online coursework allows you to converse with students from various backgrounds and geographic locations, creating a nurturing environment for diverse ideas and varying perspectives.
- Experienced Instructors: The online faculty have extensive industry expertise and are devoted to providing you with a world class education and industry specific skill set.
- The University of Illinois Chicago ranked #13 among U.S. public universities, and 55th overall, in the latest edition of the Wall Street Journal/College Pulse 2024 Best Colleges in the U.S. ranking.
- UIC ranked 25th among 341 U.S. public universities — and was placed ahead of six Big Ten universities. The rankings also measure the best value among the top 250 ranked public and private universities. UIC is among the top 10 best value universities, ranked ninth.
- Several programs at the University of Illinois Chicago placed among the nation’s best in the 2023-2024 Best Graduate Schools rankings by U.S. News & World Report.
- #2 Best Online Bachelor Programs (BSHIM) by US News & World Report.
The University of Illinois Chicago is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), which accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region of the United States.