UIC is Chicago's #1 Public Research University Heading link
The University of Illinois Chicago is an acclaimed research institution dedicated to the discovery and distribution of knowledge. As one of the most ethnically and culturally diverse universities in the country, UIC’s welcoming environment gives you the chance to study, work and grow with classmates who will broaden your perspectives and worldview. UIC is committed to increasing access to education, employment, programs and services for all and maintaining a barrier-free environment for individuals with disabilities
UIC is Chicago’s largest university and its only public Carnegie Research 1 institution. With 16 academic colleges, serving more than 33,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional students, the faculty and staff are dedicated to the success of every student, whichever discipline they pursue. Recognized as one of the best universities in the nation, UIC is an integral part of the educational, technological and cultural fabric of one of the world’s greatest cities.
UIC's Mission Heading link
UIC provides the broadest access to the highest levels of intellectual excellence. UIC’s mission is:
- To create knowledge that transforms our views of the world and, through sharing and application, transforms the world.
- To provide a wide range of students with the educational opportunity only a leading research university can offer.
- To address the challenges and opportunities facing not only Chicago but all Great Cities of the 21st century, as expressed by our Great Cities Commitment.
- To foster scholarship and practices that reflect and respond to the increasing diversity of the U.S. in a rapidly globalizing world.
- To train professionals in a wide range of public service disciplines, serving Illinois as the principal educator of health science professionals and as a major healthcare provider to underserved communities.